Dresser-Rand Guascor maintains a wide program of social and environmental actions aiming to improve the global and sustainable development of the people and regions they interact with. This program includes inside actions, developed by and to their collaborators, and outside actions, dedicated to the community and the environment.
- Education Project: a partnership with Sesi (Industry Social Service) and the State Secretariat of Education, offers the courses of Elementary and High School Education to the collaborator, his/her family and the community.
- Participative Sports: weekly basis in-company gym classes and support to those interested in participating in several sports modalities competitions, such as track running and soccer.
- Health assistance: covers transport expenses from where there is neither medical nor hospital assistance.
- Choral: stimulates the interaction and artistic expression of the participants who meet on the weekly rehearsal, perform to the public and record CDs
- Educative Lectures: regular discussion among the collaborators about subjects such as health, nutrition, hygiene, security at work and environment.
- Click Prize: a photography annual contest that intends to value the collaborator and his/her location through the free expression of their creativity.
- D-R Guascor Environmental Agenda: debates and lectures about environmental issues related to the working routine and starting with attitudes that lead to the rational use of the natural sources and of the company’s goods.
- Communitarian Vegetable Gardens and Pisciculture: Vegetables harvest and fish farming inside the plants, with the collaboration of the community who shares the crop.
- Gardening: regular maintenance on the plant’s green areas, keeping them preserved and adequate for the collaborators leisure and public visitation.
- I’m Volunteer Project: support and incentive to volunteering and to donations destined to important social causes and to less favored communities.
- Recycling Project: donation to public schools of garbage bins made out of oil drums and realization of PET bottles recycling workshops destined to the collaborators, their families, collectors and the community, in a partnership with Sebrae (Brazilian Support Service to Micro and Small Companies), capacitating them for the production of decoration items.
- Visit to the plant: public schools students are invited to visit the plant’s facilities and discuss the relationship between electric power and environment.